Communications, Fundraising and Development Manager – Kenya
Position: Communications, Fundraising and Development Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Digital Opportunity Trust Kenya is a leading youth, social enterprise NGO. The organisation focuses on harnessing and transforming youth into leaders in their communities through technology and social entrepreneurship learning experiences.
The organization wishes to recruit a Communications Fundraising and Development Manager who will report directly to the Country Director.
The key responsibilities include
- Be responsible for developing and supporting opportunities and events that promote our work
- Be responsible for the development and production of PR materials
- Be responsible for local branding and image.
- Update and develop our online and social media presence
- Represent and promote DOT Kenya externally to a wide range of audiences, maintaining our excellent reputation
- Facilitate internal communications between the various departments
- Develop a Kenya fundraising strategy and ensure implementation of the same
- Set and agree on fundraising targets and plans with the Country Director
- Develop and maintain a large network of funders, donors and sponsors and maintain good relations.
- Prepare regular reports on fund raising activities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
- At least 5 years’ experience in NGO environment 2 of which must be in communications.
- Training in Public Relations and/or Fundraising is an added advantage
- High level of technology proficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications
- Knowledge of fund-raising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; prospect research; donor relations management.
- Skill in writing and editing news and feature articles. Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics. Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive in liaising and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent ICT skills
Send your Application Letter, CV including current remuneration IMMEDIATELY to
Applications to be received latest 28th February 2016.
DOT Kenya do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process
The window for applications has been closed
Follow DOT Kenya on Social media for alerts when the next recruitment will take place
Facebook: DOT Kenya