Digital Opportunity Trust Kenya (DOT Kenya) is pleased to announce the launch of the YSESC Competition. We are calling out to Youth as partners for the implementation of this competition.
This challenge is seeking Youth as agents of community development through social enterprises. As an applicant, you must be passionate about social enterprises and be willing to create social enterprises.
Send in a 1-page written presentation or a 5 minute video (maximum) by October 27th 2016.
The best 10 ideas will secure their creators a seat at our inaugural Social Enterprise workspace that provides youth leaders with training and the support they need to turn community project ideas into action.
In addition to great public exposure, frontrunners will get to attend, pitch their ideas and compete for a slot in the national Impactathon Workshop.
Winners of the national Impactathon Workshop will then represent Kenya at the inspiring DOT Global Unconference. The Unconference is scheduled for May 2017 in Kigali, Rwanda.
The best ideas will further secure a chance to participate in the DOT Kenya SE Hub.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Receive a scholarship to attend the inaugural DOT Kenya social entrepreneurship awareness training in Nairobi in 2017;
- Establish goals for and implement a social enterprise;
- Receive expert support through the SE hub, webinars, e-mail, and resource materials;
- Attend the DOT Global Unconference in Kigali.
Timeframe & Notification:
- Age bracket: 19 – 29 years at the time of registration
- Minimum diploma or degree holders
- Tech savvy and computer literate
- English and Swahili language speakers
- Special consideration will be given to social enterprises that serve socio-economically diverse members of the community and persons with disabilities
- Applications are encouraged from teams of 2-3 individuals consisting of both genders
- Applicants must be committed and available throughout the implementation period
Registrations are due by October 27, 2016.
Reporting Requirements: participants will be expected to complete and submit a final report. A copy of the reporting guidelines will be provided.
Details for Submitting Applications:
Applications can be submitted either in writing or through short video (maximum 5 minutes) presentations.
- Video/Written applications: You must send your registration in the online application by October 27, 2016.
- Applications: All registration must be sent by October 27th, 2016.
Only registrations sent through our online application portal Fluidsurveys will be accepted. Sign up hereConfirmation:
Successful applicants will be notified by mid-November.