Call for Applications
MA YOUTH WA KENYA MPO?
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH
The Partnership for an HIV-Free Generation, Kenya (HFG/K), Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) and The Youth Banner have come together to create opportunities for youth in a six month training program dubbed, ReachUp! to the Youth BEEP.
ReachUp! 4 the YOUTH.
HFG/K's key focus is on strengthening the overall capacity of youth through a holistic behavior change communication campaign, under the brand G-PANGE, and works through a unique partnership model that leverages the core competencies of the private and public sector organizations. Through this partnership model, HFG/K has forged a strategic relationship with DOT, an organization that transforms youth to become leaders of change through delivery of information and communications technology (ICT) curriculum, ReachUp! in their own communities and The Youth Banner Economic Empowerment Program (BEEP), where youth transform their ideas to sustainable businesses through mentorship and links to markets and finances. The program will enhance at least 1,000 youth with Entrepreneurship and ICT skills for the 21st century.
What we are looking for?
- The prospective should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will complete the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of leadership, ICT, entrepreneurship and other valuable 21st Century skills.
- This is a six month full-time commitment with a minimum monthly stipend.
- Successful candidates will also undergo a one month intensive face-to-face training, continuous coaching and support throughout the internship period.
- Successful applicants will also train young people and women in communities on ICT, entrepreneurship and life skills for a period of six months in youth empowerment centers and polytechnics in Kenya.
- Placements will be within the applicant's local community and in the HFG/K program saturation areas in Kisumu, Nairobi, Mombasa and Eldoret.
- Qualified candidates must:
Be citizens of Kenya
Have a passion for serving local communities
Have a university or college graduate, preferably with bias in business/IT
Be excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be computer literate: knowledge of web, social media, PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus
Be between 21 - 29 years old only
How to Apply
To apply, fill in the application form below and attach your curriculum vitae.
You may also download the form at http://kenya.dotrust.org/form complete it, and email it and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline.
The deadline for applications is June 1, 2012
Please follow DOT Kenya on Facebook and/or Twitter for future recruitment notices.